“Our business is like a three-legged milk stool. One leg is the customer, the second is our suppliers and the third is our team members. If you take away one leg you fall over.” – Fred Meijer
The Meijer family’s simple belief that we should treat everyone with dignity and respect is a standard we live by. We honor our founding values by creating a sense of belonging in all that we do.
- Achieved Great Place to Work® certification for 4 years in a row
- First retailer granted GOLD certification by Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency for being a veteran-friendly employer
- Recognized by Disability:IN among Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion for 6 years in a row
- Earned Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality for 3 years in a row
- Introduced free online college education for Meijer team members – and doubled participation after the first year
Our suppliers help us bring a diverse mix of products, services and innovations to our customers. Whether we’re exploring new opportunities with a partner we’ve worked with for decades, or helping a small entrepreneur grow their business for large-scale distribution, we value all of our suppliers because they are integral to our success.
- Hosted virtual Meijer Sustainability Summit to meet new vendors integrating sustainability into products and operations
- Attracted new, diverse suppliers, including Asian, Hispanic and LGBTQ+ owned brands, through targeted outreach and events
- Partnered with 842 diverse suppliers, an increase of more than 250 suppliers since 2020
- Launched Grow Academy, a mentoring program for existing diverse and local vendors
With more than 500 Meijer locations — from supercenters to Meijer Express locations and every store format in between, stretching across six states — we serve a variety of customers. We want every person who walks into a Meijer store to feel welcome every day.
- Began accepting Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits as a payment option for Meijer Pickup and Meijer Home Delivery services
- Obtained waiver from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to offer special discounts on qualifying produce for SNAP customers
- Debuted ScripTalk assistance tool for pharmacy customers with vision issues
- Launched Tranquil and True intimate apparel in sizes S to 3X to continue to serve diverse body types