Enriching lives in the communities we serve is an everyday ambition. Being good neighbors means getting involved and empowering others to ensure we all thrive together.
We call it #meijercommunity.
Every year, approximately 6 percent of our profit goes to programs that support hunger relief, DEI, sustainability, health and wellness, safety and security, and other unique local needs.
- Donated millions to community partners focused on hunger relief; diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI); sustainability; health and wellness/safety and security; and local causes
- Supported hundreds of food pantries and hunger relief programs in communities throughout our footprint, representing approximately 40 percent of our charitable donations in 2022
Meijer believes in the value of belonging and creating environments where all people feel welcomed, supported, valued and meaningfully engaged. Over the last four years, Meijer has invested $10 million in support of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) programs.
- Donated more than $2 million to DEI initiatives in health, education, workforce development and economic impact
Simply Give is our signature program to raise money and awareness for more than 400 food pantry partners across the Midwest. Every Meijer store partners with local food pantries in their area, and all donations stay within the store’s community. Funds are primarily raised through a customer matching program that runs in stores throughout the year and the annual Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give golf tournament.
- 2022 Meijer LPGA Classic tournament raised a record-breaking $1.25 million for Simply Give program to fight hunger
- By 2022 fiscal year end, Meijer has raised more than $79 million for local food pantry partners through the Simply Give program since 2008.
No child should ever go hungry and Meijer partners with multiple organizations to help bring this statement closer to reality.
- Partnered with a network of 179 schools to provide weekend meals for 8,000 kids facing food insecurity
- Donated more than $1 million to Kids' Food Basket to provide take-home meals for children in need
For more than 50 years, Meijer has partnered with the United Way to channel funding to dozens of local chapters in our region.
- Meijer team members donated more than $1.3 million to support local United Way agencies within our six-state footprint