The Meijer Simply Give program had another successful year, working closely with Meijer customers, team members and food pantry partners to help our hungry neighbors put food on their tables.
Thanks to the generosity of so many, the 2019 holiday Simply Give campaign generated more than $1.7 million in donations – the equivalent of more than *17 million meals – to our community food pantry partners across the Midwest.
“Being a small part of the partnership with Simply Give and our local food pantries is an honor,” Noblesville Meijer Store Director Travis Bernath said. “Meijer has given our store the opportunity to make a vast impact on those serving our community in the fight against hunger and countless families across our country.”
Here are our Top 10 local food pantry partners:
- Eastview Christian Church Food Pantry earned $49,260 partnering with the Normal, Ill. Meijer.
- Hamilton County Harvest Food Bank earned $37,240 partnering with the Noblesville, Ind. Meijer.
- Merciful HELP Center at OLMC Food Pantry earned $36,490 partnering with the Carmel, Ind. Meijer.
- Plymouth Heights CRC Food Pantry earned $30,960 partnering with the Grand Rapids 28th Street, Mich. Meijer.
- God’s Bounty Food Pantry earned $26,830 partnering with the Southport, Ind. Meijer.
- Manna Food Project earned $26,680 partnering with the Petoskey, Mich. Meijer.
- St. Vincent de Paul Charlotte Food Pantry earned $26,140 partnering with the Charlotte, Mich. Meijer.
- Bellville Neighborhood Outreach Center Food Pantry earned $25,340 partnering with the Mansfield, Ohio Meijer.
- St. Vincent de Paul St. Gerard Church Food Pantry earned $24,030 partnering with the West Saginaw Highway, Mich. Meijer.
- St. Vincent de Paul Emergency Food Pantry earned $21,730 partnering with the Alpena, Mich. Meijer.
“Simply Give is the foundation of our community engagement. The relationships that we have built through our Simply Give program are incredible,” said Mike Anderson, Store Director in Normal, Ill. “Because we truly work together, each of our efforts are multiplied by the other and our impact to the community is at its strongest.”
For more information on the Simply Give program, please click here.
*According to Feeding America, $1 equals 10 meals.