Back for its fifth year, the Meijer LPGA Classic for Simply Give is seeking more than 700 volunteers to fill a variety of roles, ranging from marshals and standard bearers to transportation and assisting inside the media center.
The 2018 Meijer LPGA Classic will be held June 12-17 at Blythefield Country Club.
The volunteer fee is $55, and includes:
- Two official tournament golf shirts
- One official tournament hat or visor
- Four weekly grounds passes for friends or family
- One volunteer appreciation party invitation
- Meals and beverages during scheduled shifts
- Volunteer badge is valid as a grounds pass, as well as provides access to the Grand Taste and parking for tournament week.
Proceeds from the tournament — and each of the week’s festivities — will once again benefit the Meijer Simply Give program that stocks the shelves of food pantries across the Midwest.
The 2017 tournament alone raised $1 million for local food pantries; overall, the four tournaments have generated more than $3.1 million for the Meijer Simply Give program.